Dialer App Source Code
TJ104
2009-04-04 01:05:17 UTC
Hello,
First of all, Thank you to Google for Android! It isn't perfect, but
it has A LOT of promise!
I was looking to write an app that would utilize the keypad in
Google's dialer app. I've looked around and I haven't been able to
stumble on to the code for the keypad. I don't know if I'm using the
correct search terms or if what I'm asking for is just completely
unrealistic. If one of you could help me with this that would be
awesome.
I was hoping to write a texting app that utilized the 10 key that the
dialer uses. I have very little experience with Android, but I have a
fair amount of experience with Java. As I understand it, Android
displays things in a variety of containers, I am not sure how the
dialer app is set up. I'm not to good with the UI side of things, so I
wanted to Frankenstein my app by altering the dialer app's keyboard a
bit and completely changing the functionality of the buttons.
This app would be intended for short reply's to text messages, and
(more importantly) allowing my wife to text with a familiar
interface.
I found a forum online that taught me what I needed to know about how
to send and receive SMS messages with Android, now I just need to code
my text prediction side of things and deal with the UI (and related
aspects).
ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
TJ